Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cultural understanding: Part One - comment

The interesting thing about Cultural Understanding: Part One, is that it provides such an in depth look into the issue of cultural communities and yet it is one of two blogs that do so. The blog starts with a foundation in course content, developing onto course readings and Henry Jenkins, ending on how the theories relate to a larger community picture.

I like how this blog provides a general overview of cultural understanding and only needs to develop onto cultural convergence. Given the 500 word, word count, I would have been rushed to try and address all of the important points in cultural understanding, cultural convergence and divergence. It also gives the readers something to think about and look forward to with the posting of Cultural Understanding: Part Two.

I would have liked to go further in depth with the ideas of Henry Jenkins; I was forced to use him only as a lead in to cultural convergence. However, the foundations he provided my blog comment opened up a platform from which I could also comment on the global village trend. This in turn helped me to take the cultural convergence trend and, ‘give it life in a new media sphere (Cultural Understanding 1 blog 2008, 2).